Thursday, October 7, 2010

New Newt, New Box, New Brooch

At long last, I have finished my newest box. This time it is a fine silver brooch that doubles as a lid for the box above. I enameled the interior of the box to look a bit like a rocky stream which just happens to be the very kind of place that Red Bellied Newts come to lay their eggs in the spring.
 This is the same little guy that I posted last in polymer clay. If you look closely you can see a lovely little tourmaline cabochon next to his back right foot ( are they called feet?).
I think that I am ready to tackle other creatures now. I love the idea of making a piece of jewelry that can double as a box when it rests on one's dresser. I have loads of ideas for new and different ones to come.
Life can get very busy with little business. Errands, gardening, walks, talks, cooking, shopping.....you get the idea. It seems that it is so easy to fill my time and neglect my studio lately. And yet, when I am in the middle of a project, I just can't wait to get out there.
Soon..........

1 comment:

  1. Love the box!

    Tiny boxes are very popular to hold the first lock of hair, first tooth lost, memorable jewelry you don't wear, etc! You could come up with lots of boxes. How about avkeepsake box to hold a dog's tag that passed away, etc.

    Fantastic work!

    Cheers,

    Tonya
    www.wholelottawhimsy.com
    www.tonyadavidson.com

    ReplyDelete