Thursday, August 5, 2010

Home Again

What a summer! I have just returned from 2 more trips. One was to visit good friends in Bend, Oregon and Florence, Oregon. The second trip was to my long awaited bi-annual PMC Conference at Perdue University in Indiana. Don't you think they should have the conference on the west coast next time? I do!! I had a great time, learned lots of new techniques and learned about new products and, oh, spent lots of money on stones, tools and beads. West Lafayette has the best bead store called...Von's!
At the conference, Mitsubishi announced a new metal clay called...PMC PRO. It will come out for sale in October. It is 90% fine silver as opposed to PMC Standard, PMC+ and PMC 3 which are 99.99% fine silver. This new metal clay is as strong as sterling silver which makes it much better for rings and bracelet cuffs. I am looking forward to using it! It will need to be fired in carbon similar to the base metal clays. Can't wait to get my hands on it!

No comments:

Post a Comment