Friday, October 15, 2010

The One That Got Away!

After finishing a final panel to a bracelet I am making and giving it the "eagle eye" before firing, I left it on the bench to dry just a bit longer. When I returned I found it had taken flight and was in numerous pieces on the studio floor! Apparently a gust of wind came in and wreaked havoc in my studio. I have heard of mice nibbling on people's work but having the wind give a piece wings.. well, that is a new one on me!
Lesson number 1: When making component parts, I always make more than one just in case...Of course, this time I ignored my basic rule of thumb in the studio.
Lesson number 2:The next time I duplicate that piece, it will take 1/2 the time it did to begin with.
Lesson number 3: Keep good notes. I didn't. I thought I would remember how I did the previous 2. That made a simple duplication take longer than it should have.
So, I remade the flying piece and yes, I made 2. Yes, it did take less time and I am on my way out there to make detailed notes this time!
Oh, and lesson number 4: Close the window!

No comments:

Post a Comment